Previous Home Site Map Contact Next
Wasmer Consulting BaseOps
The data entry component for the Noisemap suite of aircraft noise models
- Latest Version
- Version 7.363
- What's New?
- The Noisemap suite of noise models may be freely downloaded, used, and distributed, as described in the License to Have and Use Noisemap.
- Microsoft Windows XP or later
100 MB disk space
- BaseOps is distributed as part of Noisemap. The Noisemap installation routine will install the latest versions of BaseOps, NMap, MRNMap, Noisefile, Omega10, Omega11, and NMPlot.
- Download Noisemap (31.79 MB)
- See Getting Started in the BaseOps User's Guide for help on installing, upgrading, and uninstalling Noisemap.
- Optional RNM Module
- The Rotorcraft Noise Model (RNM) is distributed as an optional, separately-installed module of Noisemap. Install RNM only if you need to perform a noise analysis involving RNM aircraft. See Installing the Optional RNM Model in the BaseOps User's Guide for instructions on obtaining and installing RNM.
- User's Guide
- Download as PDF File (2.63 MB)
Download as Plain Text (350.11 KB)
- Browse Online
- Mailing List
- Join the mailing list, and be notified by e-mail when new versions of BaseOps are released.
- Training Class Notification
- Subscribe to the Noisemap training class notification service, and be notified when training classes are scheduled.
- Give us your feedback. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Ask a question. Make a comment or suggestion. Report a bug.
- More Information
- Screen Capture
What is BaseOps?
BaseOps is a graphical user interface for the Noisemap suite of aircraft noise models. This Microsoft Windows application guides you through the steps in performing an airport noise analysis: entering the aircraft operational data, running the noise models, and creating noise contours using NMPlot.
The Noisemap suite of noise models includes:
NMap, the US Department of Defense's model of aircraft flight and run-up noise near air bases
AAM, the Advanced Acoustical Model, the next-generation model of aircraft flight noise developed jointly by the US Department of Defense and NASA.
MRNMap, the US Department of Defense's model of subsonic aircraft noise from Military Operations Area (MOA) and Military Training Route (MTR) operations.
RNM, the Rotorcraft Noise Model, NASA Langley's model of helicopter and tilt-wing aircraft noise
What Can BaseOps Do?
Using BaseOps, you can:
Edit all data associated with a noise analysis case, including runways, flight tracks, flight profiles, and static profiles
Display and edit noise analysis data using both text-based forms and graphical maps
Open and import select data from BaseOps .baseops files, NMap .bps files, NMap/AAM/RNM .ops/.opx operations files, and MRNMap .inp/.ins/.inx input files
Import information from Integrated Noise Model (INM) cases
Import information from DAFIF (Defense Aeronautical Flight Information File)
Export/Import flight and static profile data to/from Microsoft Excel
Check a noise analysis case for errors
Create scenarios, which represent alternate noise analysis cases created by modifying an existing case (for example, increasing all F-16 operations by 50% over the baseline case)
Import elevation and ground cover data from numerous sources, and create the elevation and ground impedance files used by the noise models
Run Omega10 and Omega11 (the United States Department of Defense's models for extrapolating measured noise data) and create Noisemap OPX files
Run the NMap, AAM, MRNMap, and RNM noise models
Create noise contours using the NMPlot plotting application
Create customized reports that can include tables and maps
Maintain a history of the major events that occur while editing a noise analysis case
Display background maps stored in any of the following formats:
Export maps to either the clipboard or bitmap image files
Noisemap Training Classes
The United States Air Force periodically conducts training classes in the use of Noisemap. If you are interested in attending such a class, go to the Noisemap Training Classes page and subscribe to the training class notification service.
Previous Home Site Map Contact Next
Copyright © 1996-2017, Wasmer Consulting
Page URL: http://wasmerconsulting.com/baseops.htm
Webmaster e-mail: email@example.com